We have changed our online prescription system. To access the new system Emis Access to register or order your prescription (if already registered) click here.
Otherwise please order using the existing system however please be advised this system will cease operation in the near future. Click here to order your prescription using the existing system.
Repeat prescriptions should be ordered before your medication runs out. When ordering repeat prescriptions please give 2 working days notice. We would ask for your understanding if we are not able to produce your prescription within 2 working days, there may be a query about your medication and the prescribing doctor may not always be available.
We do not take requests over the telephone.
- Drop it at the surgery in the box next to reception. (if the surgery is closed please use the post box on the surgery gates)
- Post the request enclosing an SAE if you want it posted to you.
- Order on-line using the above links.
The staff are able to give advice or help with:
- Any problems patients are experiencing with ordering/collecting their prescriptions
- Aligning patients' medication so that all their regular medication runs out at the same time.
Most of our local pharmacies have a collection and delivery service available. Please speak to your pharmacist for further details.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.